Pages

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Starfruit Limeade


So I've decided to start blogging three times a week again. It just seems like a better flow to me. Besides I can't resist sharing what I'm making with all of you, especially that I've had some very productive days this past week with making 2-3 recipes a day.


Admittedly, this is a very summery recipe for a time of year when most of my readers are in the cold. But I always love to make summery things in the winter to remind me that it won't last forever. That, and I've been drinking a ton of it this past week. I'm varying it up though. Plain limeade is definitely one of my favorite drinks in the world, probably after fresh sugar cane juice, but having some variety in it means that I won't overdose on it and then not drink it for months (or years) afterwards.


Since we have a starfruit tree in our backyard at this new house of ours, I figured why not try it out?



Now, I've never had it, but I have it on good authority that this lemonade actually tastes like Tang. So if it's something that you loved/love, then I suggest you try it out! It's definitely a much much much healthier version of it.


We've also found quite a few more fruit trees on the property, which I'll be using to experiment with new fruits and sharing them with you! I want to use these Wednesday posts as featuring a fruit or vegetable of the week in a simple recipe that showcases it's awesomeness.

Onto the recipe!




 Starfruit Limeade

Ingredients:

- 1.5 cups lime juice
- 2 cup starfruit juice or puree
- 1 starfruit, sliced thin.
- 1 large orange , sliced thin.
- 1-2 cup raw sugar
- 3 liters water

In a large jug, combine all ingredients with a healthy dose of ice. 

Enjoy!

*** SIDENOTE***

I've just release a FREE ebook "12 Quick and Decadent Smoothie Recipes". You can get it right now by signing up for my newsletter in the right sidebar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment