Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

Vegan MoFo 2013: Metal Monday's Dip from Hell

Woo day two of Vegan MoFo!

I'm really going to keeping to my theme of affordable awesome dishes for this one, since I totally forgot that basically everything is closed today fro Labour Day. In one way, having to get creative with what I have, which really isn't much, keeps me on my toes and somewhat original.

Today, for METAL MONDAYS, we've got some damn spicy dip for your enjoyment. It's kind of what I would imagine would be served at the welcome party down there. Well that's what any metal fan would want anyways. There are a gazillion songs about hell, choosing just one was pretty difficult.

So let's just go with a classic one, yes?




This dip is fiery hot, so if you like it hot, this one is for you! You can amp up the heat, or tone it down to your liking easily by just adjusting the amount of hot sauce.




Fiery Dip from Hell


Ingredients:

- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1-3 tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Jerk Sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Water as needed

Using a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth, adjusting seasoning to your liking. 

If you don't have a high speed blender, I would suggest soaking the seeds for 1-2 hours to soften them up. 

Dip in whatever you fancy, I just used some boiled potatoes, but roasted would be even better! 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment